If you find any undesirable scratch marks on your car then you may look for Auto paint Repair shop in Shreveport to get it painted. However, you may often face the following problems.
Bleeding can happen when your car’s original paint job will begin to show through new top coats due to presence of contaminants in the previous paint. It can be avoided by cleaning all the areas of your car thoroughly.
If the gloss gets lost after the painting is done is called dieback which is due to many reasons and can be avoided by maintaining very strict attention to every detail during painting, and also following correct process while applying and curing the paint coats.
Often dirt or dust will mix with paint and may appear after painting as tiny bumps. You can prevent this by:
- Maintaining cleanliness of your work area
- By keeping equipment clean
- Filtering and mixing the paint properly
During painting application, paint may form rough, textured area due improper flow. To avoid such dry spray, paint gun must be held 6” to 10” from the surface keeping at right angle.
Film build-up also need to be checked to ensure that it is not too much and, if required, solvent selection and also spray viscosity must be set.
This problem of fish eyes can be due to tiny paint bubbles which form almost immediately after paint hits on the applied surface.
You can avoid fish eyes by
- Thoroughly cleaning the entire surface
- By using a fish eye eliminator
- Draining air compressor tank daily
- Draining air pressure regulator meant for spray equipment.
When paint droplets will form unevenly on paint surface, that resembles like orange peel which can be prevented with
- Proper maintenance and techniques of spray gun.
- By not painting during high humidity or extreme temperature condition.
- By allowing sufficient time for drying in between the coats.
Paint color matching
You can take few preventative measures to avoid this problem. Some of them can be
- By checking consistency of your spray application
- By properly mixing paint
- By holding spray gun at proper distance from your painted surface.
Sand scratches can be prevented
- By using proper grit of your sandpaper
- By allowing proper drying times for all the layers of paints
- By using high-quality paints
- By using right application techniques.
Paint sags and runs
If paint is applied heavily then runs and sags may occur or if the paint is very thin. You can prevent this by
- Choosing correct paint thinner
- By painting in proper conditions
- By allowing coats enough time to dry.